1. CONGRESS INVESTIGATING IRS SCANDAL
A House committee is holding hearings this week on the scrutiny of applications for tea party groups.
2. JUSTICE DEPARTMENT OBTAINS AP PHONE RECORDS
The AP's CEO called the seizure of two months of records for more than 20 phone lines a "massive and unprecedented intrusion" into news operations.
3. ANGELINA JOLIE HAS DOUBLE MASTECTOMY
The Oscar-winning actress writes that she chose the surgery preventively because she carries the g ene that gives her an 87 percent chance of getting breast cancer.
4. ABORTION DOCTOR FACES DEATH PENALTY AFTER CONVICTION FOR KILLING BABIES
A Philadelphia jury found Dr. Kermit Gosnell guilty of killing three babies after they were born alive, and manslaughter for the 2009 death of a patient.
5. HOW GREEN TECHNOLOGY IS KILLING EAGLES
The AP reports that wind farms kill thousands of birds a year, and the Obama administration doesn't prosecute companies for the deaths of eagles, a federal crime
Get the next five.
keyboard shortcuts: V vote up article J next comment K previous comment